Apostille & Authentication for Marriage Certificate

In order for your Marriage Certificate or (also referred to as a Marriage License) to be legalized for use in a foreign country, you must present a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate issued by the Vital Records Department in California. An Apostille confirms the identity of the official who signs the certified document, so that your marriage certificate can be accepted abroad.

Apostille Documents offers a comprehensive Apostille and authentication service with convenient online ordering and document return via FedEx, saving you time and ensuring peace of mind that your document will arrive quickly and safely. Apostille Documents will process your Marriage Certificate with the utmost care. We understand the details and the potential challenges involved in the process and will ensure your document is properly legalized. Before you present us with your Marriage Certificate, there are some steps you can take to make sure the process is as smooth as possible:

Easy Steps to Order Your California Marriage Certificate Apostille

1. Vital Record Check list: (birth, death, marriage, divorce certificates or Superior Court documents)
Please make sure of the following:
- The document was issued in one of the 58 counties in California
- The document was issued within the last 5 years
- The document has been signed by one of the following officials:
County Clerk/Recorder
Clerk Recorder
Department of Health Services (DHS/CDHS)

If your marriage license was issued before a certain date, the title could differ from those listed above. If this is the case, please call our office.

2. Find Out if the Destination Country is a Member of the Hague Convention (Click Here). If the country to whom you are presenting your document is a member of the Hague Convention, you will need an Apostille authentication. If not, your document may need Embassy Legalization. In this case, please give us a call.

3. Go to Purchase Options and follow instructions

Disclaimer: Apostille Document Services is not a law firm, and its agents are not attorneys. Please contact a licensed attorney or your local bar association for all legal matters. Please Call Now: 877-710-9493.