Apostille & Authentication for Death Certificates
If a family member has recently passed away and you need to transport them to a foreign country, or if you are settling an estate of the deceased family member abroad, you may need to present a certified or authenticated copy of the Death Certificate to the destination country.
Apostille Documents offers a comprehensive Apostille and authentication service with convenient online ordering and document return via FedEx, saving you time and ensuring peace of mind that your document will arrive quickly and safely. Apostille Documents will process your documents with the utmost care. We understand the details and the potential challenges involved in the process and will ensure your document is properly legalized. Before you present us with the Death Certificate, there are some steps you can take to make sure the process is as smooth as possible:
1. Vital Record Check list: (birth, death, marriage certificates or Superior Court documents)
Please make sure of the following:
- The document was issued in one of the 58 counties in California
- The document was issued within the last 5 years
- The document has been signed by one of the following officials:
✓ County Clerk/Recorder
✓ Clerk Recorder
✓ Department of Health Services (DHS/CDHS)
2. Find Out if the Destination Country is a Member of the Hague Convention (Click Here). If the country to whom you are presenting your document is a member of the Hague Convention, you will need an Apostille authentication. If not, your document may need Embassy Legalization. In this case, please give us a call.
3.Go to Purchase Options and follow instructions